Sandkasten has set up a podcast recording studio in the StudiHaus at Wendenring 1. All TU members can borrow the key for a few days to record a podcast or similar.
It is primarily a recording studio. Two Neumann studio monitors are available for post-production. However, you would need to bring your own DAW.
- four dynamic microphones (Shure SM 7B)
- five closed headphones
- two studio monitors Neumann KH 120 A
- good room acoustics due to acoustic modules
- RodeCaster, a mixer for up to four XLR microphones, USB, BlueTooth, mini-jack
- recording is done on SD card or via USB directly into own DAW
If required, other microphones can also be borrowed, if a recording of acoustic instruments is desired, just contact us.
The recording studio can be used after a short introduction. Please allow some lead time.
You can also find tips and tricks in our Handbook-article.
Have fun in the recording studio.
Selection of podcasts recorded there:
“Cleverly inquired!“ - The podcast series on the topic of “Zero Waste“ from the Kinder-Uni of the Technische Universität Braunschweig.
“Cleverly inquired!“ - The podcast series on the topic of “Zero Waste“ from the Kinder-Uni of the Technische Universität Braunschweig. What is waste? Where is garbage created everywhere? How can we avoid waste and many other exciting questions from inquisitive students are answered by scientists from the Technische Universität Braunschweig. In cooperation with the Pestalozzistraße elementary and secondary school in Braunschweig and the Haus der Wissenschaft Braunschweig. Sponsored by the Ecki Wohlgehagen Stiftung and the Bürgerstiftung Braunschweig.
- Episode 1 to 6: Was there garbage in the past? / How can you recycle plastic? / Is there such a thing as "garbage"? / How can we clean up our wastewater? / How can we build factories in cities? / How can we make our school more sustainable?
”Ferngespräch“ – the podcast of the International House
Open up your ears and listen in! Since February 2023 there is a new format of the International House: In our podcast “Ferngespräch“ we talk to students and staff of TU Braunschweig about international topics. Everything is covered, from going abroad to tips for international students and staff to intercultural topics.
- Season 2, Episode 6: Came to stay? From Malaysia to Braunschweig
- Season 2, Episode 7: Experiences of an exchange student in Braunschweig
Kids Want to Know – Podcast Training and Kids Podcast
What actually happened before the Big Bang? How much money is there in the world? How do we know what the dinos looked like? - Children ask a lot of questions. The podcast "Kinder wollen's wissen" (Kids want to know) wants to answer some of these questions together with the children as part of the Year of Science 2022 - Inquired! In a podcast training session, the children go in search of answers and learn in a playful way how to produce their own podcast.
- Episode 4 to 11: Can bacteria also be good? / How can robots help in the care of people? / What is the Internet of Things? / Are organic vegetables healthier than "normal" vegetables? / Will we still need cars in the future? / How much money is there in the world? / How do we know what dinos looked like?
Wild & Foreign – Explorers and their Stories
What do you actually eat at the South Pole? Did David Livingstone really get lost in Africa? And how does it feel to crash in a balloon over the Arctic? Answers to these questions are provided by the history podcast Wild & Fremd. Using original diary entries, letters and radio messages, the brothers Ole and Tore reconstruct the stories of historical expeditions. The focus is not only on historical facts, but above all on the people who took part in these expeditions. What made them go? Did they miss their homeland? And how did they feel in the darkest moments of their journey?
Forsch! – The Science Podcast of the Braunschweiger Zeitung and ForschungRegion Braunschweig
The Braunschweig region is a research hotspot. But what is actually being researched here and who is behind it? In "Forsch!" researchers have their say and talk about their motivation, their work - and how it changes their view of the world. Informative, direct, entertaining. A new episode every month.
Carolos Fallobst – Science Podcast
The official science podcast that the university knows nothing about. A science podcast in which scientists of the TU Braunschweig are interviewed in order to bring current and complex research to the listeners in a simple and comprehensible way. The whole thing is to be cast in a relaxed and yet serious form and so listeners to think.